As the circuit dried, the times tumbled with wild movements of positions.
"It is going to be mighty impressive".
"We are always pushing the safety element, but it's not up to us to take the decision", he said. Their decision to break the contract could be seen coming, even as the British GP enjoys favorable attendance.
Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton of Britain steers his car during the second free practice at the British Formula One Grand Prix at the Silverstone racetrack, Silverstone, England, Friday, July 14, 2017.
All drivers returned to the track on intermediate tyres in the final five minutes, but only managed a handful of laps to gauge grip levels before completing a practice start at the end of the session. Now that would truly be a sight. The polycarbonate shield, placed on Vettel's Ferrari for the first time, is designed to protect against flying debris while offering an unrestricted view.
Hamilton drew level with Jim Clark's 50-year-old record of five British poles and registered the 67th of his career, one shy of the outright record held by Michael Schumacher. The mid-week F1 spectacle was part of the initiative by Liberty Media to get better in touch with the fans, and by having the cars on the streets of London and the turnout it enjoyed, it could be said that it was an overall success.
There could be two and not include Silverstone.
Snap will then go on to cover other F1 races in Singapore, Japan, the US, Mexico, Brazil and Abu Dhabi.
Ferrari driver Kimi Raikkonen jumped from fourth to second on his final lap, ending up 0.547s slower than Hamilton. "I am not sure it's been through the same amount of testing that the Halo did". And, well, meh. Vettel ended the session earlier and made a comment about dizziness which may have been related to his long-field vision.
F1's shield in action at Silverstone.
Hamilton, Vettel and then Verstappen topped the lists before Alonso, after a late switch to slicks, clocked the best time for McLaren.
"These typical English conditions are what we grew up racing in".
Renault's Jolyon Palmer missed out on making Q3 by less than a tenth of a second, setting the 11th fastest time ahead of Toro Rosso driver Daniil Kvyat. There is no governance that says you can only have one grand prix in each country.
- Muller Eliminates Rafael Nadal in Wimbledon
- France's Warren Barguil wins Stage 13 of the Tour de France
- Patrulla despedaza a un sedán; 5 heridos graves
- Pronostica Conagua, fuertes tormentas para NL
- Garbine Muguruza happy to represent Spain in Wimbledon final
- Federer: "Me siento privilegiado por estar en otra final"
- Garbine Muguruza in awe of evergreen Venus Williams ahead of Wimbledon final
- Dani Alves y 'Pep' Guardiola en tremenda bronca [FOTOS Y VIDEO]
- Ivanka Trump sustituye a su padre en una reunión del G20 (FOTOS)
- Bold Bardet wins stage as Froome surrenders yellow to Aru