The 35-year-old is yet to drop a set at this year's Championships. The speed, the spinning forehand, that backhand of accuracy and angles.
That, however, wasn't to be.
Notice his "That's it?"
"I've got good memories facing Rafa here", Muller, who met Nadal again in 2011, losing in straight sets, added. Although it stalled his career for a while, he attributed the recovery time to being used to spend more time with his family. But fell 7-6 (5) 5-7 7-6 (5) 6-3 to Australian youngster Nick Kyrgios in round four.
It was not as straightforward as the score line suggested but the Scot was delighted with the way he struck the ball.
"I thought I played well".
"It was not my best match against a very uncomfortable opponent", said Nadal in his press conference afterwards, clearly displaying both disappointment and annoyance. "I think also for the spectators it's more enjoyable to watch because it's such a name like Federer, Murray, huge names, and I think they deserve obviously to be on Centre Court and Court One", said Rybarikova.
The marathon 6-3, 6-4, 3-6, 4-6, 15-13 encounter finished after 4hr 48 mins, the final set alone taking 135 minutes as Nadal saved four match points before he finally succumbed.
"Since 2014 when I came back, I'm able to play full seasons without any breaks during the season". Maybe there was no other reasonable thing to do.
"That's what I did".
Querrey proved his big-match mettle against Novak Djokovic last year but his second grand slam quarter-final will be a real test inside a raucous Centre Court.
Luxembourg's most famous sporting son playing in his first grand slam quarter final picked up where he left off against Nadal breaking Cilic twice in the first set and forcing further break points in the second. But we are not going to speak more about it. Their acts are speaking about them. But despite Nadal said that he will come back stronger in 2018 as he waved goodbye to the crowd.
The junior world champion in 2001, Muller has been plagued with injury and confidence crises for much of his career. I had a couple of ones. I definitely felt better today than my last match. "Was a great feeling".
Rafael Nadal hit his head on a door frame while executing a pre-match drill a little before he walked onto Court No.1 on Monday.
- Ingenieros entregarán peritaje por socavón en Paso Express en dos semanas
- Anuncia Ruiz Esparza peritaje y auditoría al Paso Exprés de Cuernavaca
- Ivanka Trump sustituye a su padre en una reunión del G20 (FOTOS)
- "Cambie la política económica, está destruyendo el país" — Randazzo
- AMD's new Threadripper processors will be way cheaper than Intel's Core i9
- Roger Federer vs Marin Cilic, Wimbledon 2017 men's final
- Why Manchester City Will Win The Title
- Knicks promote Steve Mills, hire Scott Perry — AP source
- Hallan tres cuerpos en Cabo San Lucas
- Bold Bardet wins stage as Froome surrenders yellow to Aru