Lochte, 32, was charged with fabricating the details of a crime to authorities during the 2016 games.
In the interview, Lochte said he had a gun put to his forehead and he and fellow swimmers Gunnar Bentz, Jack Conger and Jimmy Feigen were robbed at a Shell gas station.
The court decided that Lochte had not broken the law because Rio police instigated the investigation, not Lochte, according to USA Today Sports. Whatever Lochte said in the interview with NBC did not constitute a false report, the court concluded. The scandal tarnished Lochte's reputation and led to an apology and an admission that he had "had too much to drink".
"We are pleased that the Court has finally dismissed the criminal prosecution against Mr. Lochte, while also acknowledging that he committed no crime while in Brazil".
But with stand-in coach Conchita Martinez pushing her to play each point on its own merits don't look back, don't think ahead Muguruza was able to regain her best form these two weeks.
USA Today reported that prosecutors have 15 days to challenge the ruling. And she was so close to gaining the upper hand against Muguruza, holding two set points at 5-4 in the opener.
Williams began the proceedings with an ace to a corner at 109 mph (176 kph), but Muguruza quickly showed she would neither be overwhelmed by such booming serves nor the occasion.
The same investigation found no evidence of damage other than a poster that Lochte tore from a wall.
Lochte acknowledged he was intoxicated at the time and apologized for the negative attention he brought on the U.S. swim team, but he said he had never sought to involve police in the matter and had not filed a false report. As a result, Lochte lost all four of his significant sponsors- including Speedo and Ralph Lauren- in a single day, and earned a 10-month suspension from the United States Olympic Committee.
"I want to apologize for my behavior last weekend - for not being more careful and candid in how I described the events of that early morning and for my role in taking the focus away from the many athletes fulfilling their dreams of participating in the Olympics", he said.
- Costa Rica se impone a Guyana Francesa
- Vitolo seals controversial move to Atletico via Las Palmas
- Massa dice tener "el equipo más preparado para controlar al Gobierno"
- Maduro rinde honores a restos inmortales de Argimiro Gabaldón en el Panteón
- Anticipated Sequel Nidhogg 2 Gets Official Release Date for PS4 and PC
- Mayer es finalista en el Challenger de Bastad
- Primera prueba de Hyperloop superada
- Wenger confía en mensajes de texto: "Alexis se queda en Arsenal"
- La Constituyente hará justicia con la redacción de nuevas — Cabello
- Otra caída en el Mundial de Leyendas