Despite a relatively flawless performance by Jones, capped off by a thunderous head kick, Winkeljohn insists the newly crowned champ was, in fact, nursing an arm injury. However, that bout was later overturned to a no-contest after it was revealed that Brock had tested positive for Clomiphene.
While that series of events remains a source of controversy to this day, rumors about a Lesnar return have been swirling over the last month. Not from Mark Hunt though, who flamethrowed both of their names on Mike Swick's "Quick Swick" podcast. He has also failed to knock an opponent out since April 2013, with Chael Sonnen (at UFC 159) being that last unlucky victim of Jones' upper body strength. You've got Jon Jones, for instance.
St-Pierre never moved up, only just recently deciding that a trip to the middleweight division would suit him now that Michael Bisping - arguably one of the least talented middleweight champions the UFC has ever had - is atop the division.
"So now the two f**king biggest cheaters in the world are going to fight!" People put celebrities on a pedistile and expect them to be this pefect thing and not ot be human. I think it would. They should get nothing! "Or if not, you have to use a lot more frames and more downward pressure and circle the opposite direction, so game plan might have to be changed a little bit if it doesn't get healed". And what the former heavyweight Champion would have to do to met him inside the cage. Those tests eventually led to a one-year suspension from combat sports.
There is one key obstacle, however, as Lesnar's situation with USADA means such a fight wouldn't be happening any time soon. Having been stripped of his title and subjected to a suspension after a professional misdemeanor, Jones has fought just once since his first meeting with Cormier. For anyone that disagrees with his negotiating tactics, you can't really blame Brock for trying to get as much money as possible.
Jones, at this stage in his career, isn't too caught up with what size limitations he would have when competing in the weight class above. Who's to say he won't do it again?
Jones - who is widely regarded as one of the greatest mixed martial artists of all time - put his biggest test to rest when he stopped DC in the third round of the fight and seemingly became the greatest Light Heavyweight in UFC and possibly MMA history.
- Rafa Márquez: Jugaré el partido más difícil de mi vida
- Franklin avanza debilitado tras tocar tierra como huracán en México
- Trump "agradece" a Putin expulsión de diplomáticos estadounidenses
- Policías asesinan a jovencita por presuntamente robar una camioneta en EDOMEX
- Confundió ingreso peatonal con estacionamiento y el resultado fue desastroso — YouTube
- Edgar Rivera, primer mexicano en llegar a final en Mundial de Atletismo
- 15 menores contraen rabia tras practicar sexo con una burra
- Peñarol enfrenta a Estudiantes, partido con historia y transmisión de Universal
- 58 años en 10 frases inmortales — Fotos | Gustavo Cerati
- Dimayor y Fiscalía piden transparencia en el fútbol profesional colombiano