Hey! It's soccer! Or football, whatever!
After the Nikola Kalinic problem earlier this week, and now considering the Giroud news, Everton's striker hunt is becoming very, very problematic. Jamie Vardy and Alexandre Lacazette are our glorious present and future.
"And it's not finished - Chelsea have bought [Alvaro] Morata and have not lost [Diego] Costa yet, and they will certainly buy more".
Olivier Giroud completed an exhilarating comeback as Arsenal beat Leicester 4-3 yesterday to ensure Arsene Wenger's side opened the English Premier League with a victory for only the second time in eight seasons. Buckets of goals, wild defensive irresponsibility, Arsenal frailty and Arsenal fortitude (apparently it's a thing) - we feel confident saying it was the most entertaining match of the season so far.
Arsenal is not just pursuing a first league title since 2004 but also a return to the top four - and Champions League qualification - after finishing fifth in May.
"I love the man (Giroud) and the player".
Arsenal face a stern battle in the remaining weeks of the season to keep their star players at the Emirates Stadium and it seems there's growing concern in North London. "I don't think I would have started him", he said.
Wenger doubled down and went with none.
"We have all the other players prepared in pre-season and they are all ready", said Wenger. Shinji Okazaki was the initial beneficiary with a fifth-minute equaliser.
It's enough to make you breathless just reading about it, isn't it? Unlikely but still possible.
The Frenchman equaled the record for fastest goal on the opening day of the Premier League, a record he shares with former Arsenal striker Kevin Campbell who did the same against Manchester City in 1994.
Arsenal fans had little time to celebrate.
And then minutes later, this.
Alas, not long into the second period, the Arsenal defence was broken once again as 30-year-old Vardy headed in confidently from Riyad Mahrez's corner.
Instead Leicester remained winless against Arsenal in 22 matches. "So overall I think he adapts slowly to the way we want to play and is a collective player and an intelligent player as well".
- De la Cruz jugará en River argentino
- Prevén lluvia vespertina en el Valle de México
- Barcelona pagará una fortuna al Guangzhou chino por Paulinho
- La multitudinaria marcha por Santiago Maldonado en la Plaza de Mayo
- Sistema de justicia mejorará en beneficios de los mexicanos: Osorio
- Gerrard And Lampard Don't Rate Arsenal's Chances, This Season — WATCH
- Cholo Simeone, mejor entrenador de 2016
- Manchester United refuse to go above £90million for Gareth Bale
- McGregor: "Seguiré boxeando y peleando en UFC tras Mayweather"
- Muere maestro en traslado de la Policía Municipal de Saltillo