"In this moment it's about transfers and I've nothing to say".
The 25-year-old didn't feature in his team's final pre-season game against Athletic Bilbao due to a back problem, and could miss Saturday's Premier League opener against Watford after receiving treatment.
That's a claim backed up by Liverpool journalist Melissa Reddy, who says no fee has been agreed between the clubs, the player is not for sale and there is no meeting planned.
However, that is not expected to be the end of it, with Barcelona likely to return with a third offer.
The 42 is on Instagram!
"It comes down to Philippe Coutinho and his decision and what he's prepared to do, what type of war he's prepared to create to get out, because Liverpool won't make it easy for him", Gerrard, who is now Liverpool's academy coach, told BT Sport.
That is the verdict of high-profile pundit Jamie Redknapp as he named Van Dijk in a Mail column as one of his 10 players to watch during the 2017-18 Premier League campaign.
Liverpool subsequently apologised and said they had ended their interest in the player.
If Barcelona do meet the price tag set by Dortmund, Rennes would be in line to receive £25m due to a sell-on clause that was locked into the deal that took Dembele to the Westfalenstadion.
Liverpool have signed a five-year partnership with Western Union which sees the money transfer company become the club's first shirt sleeve sponsor.
Barcelona have seen their latest offer of €100 million - an initial €85m and then €15m in add-ons - dismissed by Liverpool.
He has handed in a transfer request at St Mary's Stadium in an attempt to leave the side he joined from Celtic in the summer of 2015.
The Brazilian boss's opinion has a strong influence on Coutinho's future - the midfielder was never a Seleção regular before his arrival and had a reputation of being a club player, rather than a national team one. Chelsea may therefore be a more palatable alternative.
- Muere campeón mundial de fisicoculturismo tras intentar un backflip
- Cesta Opep se cotizó el martes en 50,49 dólares por barril
- Brock Lesnar responds to being called out by Jon Jones
- La respuesta de Diego Brancatelli tras el cruce con María Eugenia Vidal
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic negocia su regreso con Manchester United
- Murió el hombre más viejo del mundo
- Gobierno peruano expulsa a embajador de Venezuela
- Volcán cerca de Santiago lleva 40 temblores en una hora — Disparo sísmico
- ¡Bendita seas! La Premier League volvió con todo
- Lavado de dinero de Rafa Márquez, escándalo internacional (FOTOS)