Conte, looking exhausted and disgruntled, said he preferred not to talk about the referee who also sent off Cesc Fabregas in the 82nd minute after the Spaniard earned a second yellow card for an ill-timed tackle on former Chelsea man Jack Cork.
Conte has struggled to hide his frustrations over Chelsea's failure to strengthen their squad, with Morata, Antonio Rudiger, Tiemoue Bakayoko and back-up goalkeeper Willy Caballero their only new signings.
Conte said, "I think Alvaro has good space to improve, he's working very well and working very hard to quickly find good fitness and adapt himself to our style of football".
But the fight-back after being reduced to 10 men and eventually nine men does show that the players are fighting for the manager, and that's a marked difference from that season of palpable discord.
Stoke started the second half in determined fashion but found good chances at a premium with Darren Fletcher coming closest when he seized on a loose ball 25 yards out and drilled narrowly wide from distance, and they were denied at the end when new home keeper Jordan Pickford made a fine stop from Xherdan Shaqiri. "We didn't lose the balance and we tried to change the final result".
"But today I saw two faces of the team - one positive in the second half and one negative in the first half".
While Antonio Conte has added to his squad this summer with the major signings of Alvaro Morata, Tiemoue Bakayoko and Antonio Rudiger, they've also continued to let players leave the club. We had to get on, get the job done and I'm pleased we have done that.
Chelsea's fate was sealed when Fabregas picked up a second yellow card for a late challenge on former Chelsea youth player Jack Cork, reducing the Blues to nine men.
The defender has been handed the captaincy at the Premier League champions for the 2017/18 season following John Terry's departure.
"We kept going, kept probing and it's 3-0 at the interval". "The first half pleased me because although Chelsea went to 10 men it was not easy".
"It quietens down a few stories", Dyche said to Sky Sports. And it was weird at half time because you have to decide how you're going to approach it from there.
- Sí lo conozco, no sabía que era narco: Julión sobre Raúl Flores
- Por problemas logísticos, Cristina Kirchner no votará hoy
- Occupy Oakland calls Saturday night rally in response to Charlottesville violence
- La inflación suma 13,8% en el año
- Atlas desea suerte a Rafa, quien no tiene fecha de regreso
- Xi Jinping pide a Trump bajar el tono contra Corea del Norte
- Doménica Delgado asegura que Pedro Moral es celoso y desconfiado — Sheyla Rojas
- Pide SHCP transparentar participación de mujeres en Consejos de Administración
- Apple Watch with cellular connectivity to launch later this year
- Así reaccionaron los funcionarios venezolanos sancionados por EE UU