One woman was killed when a sports car rammed into a crowd of protestors at the Charlottesville Downtown mall.
He has been charged with second-degree murder, three counts of malicious wounding, and one count related to leaving the scene.
"We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides - on many sides", he said, adding that the task now "is a swift restoration of law and order and the protection of innocent lives".
The violence, chaos, and apparent loss of life in Charlottesville is not the fault of "many sides".
"Deepest condolences to the families and fellow officers of the VA State Police who died today".
The car ran into a group of people protesting against the white supremacist march, and the driver has been arrested, according to eye-witnesses said.
His messages came about an hour after first lady Melania Trump addressed the tense protests taking place in Charlottesville.
Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Saturday night that the FBI and Department of Justice would be opening an investigation into the incident, in addition to the local and state investigations already ongoing.
As of Saturday evening, Angela Taylor, a spokeswoman for the University of Virginia Medical Center, said five people from the crash were in critical condition, four in serious condition, six in fair condition and four in good condition.
In Oakland, California, a flier for the solidarity event circulated on social media reads, "Charlottesville, We Got Your Back" and "Bay Area United Against White Supremacy".
The city's Mayor Bill de Blasio called the violence by white supremacists "domestic terrorism".
The incident, which occurred Saturday afternoon, resulted in 19 injuries and one death.
- Mauricio Macri: "Pregúntenle a Cristina por qué no vota"
- Burnley Stun Nine-Man Chelsea At The Bridge
- Tottenham Hotspur defender Danny Rose urges club to sign big name players
- Pizarro alentó a Kimbrely García cuando competía en el Mundial de Atletismo
- "Hubiese querido que votara Santiago Maldonado" — Florencio Randazzo
- Marc Márquez marcó la pole del Moto GP en Austria
- "Macron aborda con Trump la tensión con Corea del Norte" — BOLIVIA
- Horario extendido para que cordobeses retiren 7 mil DNI
- LeBron James Takes Shot at Donald Trump Amid Charlottesville Protests
- Blooper electoral: a Larreta se le cayó un cuadro en la cabeza