Emergency management officials said the city had to weigh the scope of an evacuation for a metropolitan area with 6.8 million people, the forecast uncertainties of a sustained rain event and the possibility of creating more risk for residents ahead of Texas' most powerful hurricane in more than 50 years. About 5,000 were expected to be in the Houston Convention Centre. Areas of Southeast Texas have received about 40 inches of rain since the storm began.
Although the damage will be nothing compared to the destruction wrought in Texas, the storm has revived painful memories for the survivors of Hurricane Katrina. She transferred law schools and ultimately met her husband in the Twin Cities, staying there ever since. The state's 11 oil refineries are responsible for fuel production and do not rely on outside facilities.
When he sees the destruction this week in Texas, though, he knows the community will rebuild. Oklahomans are no strangers to weather-related disasters, so we can empathize.
"Protecting the lives of our people is my highest priority", Trump said.
He earlier assured that the provision of quick action by the government to provide relief for the areas devastated by the Hurricane Harvey.
President Donald Trump, addressing a crowd of people who had gathered outside a firehouse where he met with local officials in Corpus Christi, Texas, remarked on the size of the crowd as if he were at a rally. Watt, the YouCaring.com fund organizer, set an original goal of $1 million, but has since changed that goal to $1.5 million.
Houston can expect two to four more inches of rain as the storm moves away, but flooded conditions will likely linger through the end of the week as the rainfall drains off, Holthaus said. It is already evident that Harvey is frustrating efforts to mitigate the storm's destruction, and combined with the inability to rescue everyone that needs to get to safety only adds to the frustration.
"Houston is sort of playing catch-up", says Philip Bedient at Rice University's Center for Severe Storm Prediction, Education and Evacuation in Houston. Not what's written on it, which is a simple USA in white print on a red background, with the Trump name on the back, but its marketing. Other states have done the same.
- Coldplay sacó tema en honor a los afectados por el huracán Harvey
- Huracán Harvey arrastra a la baja precios del petróleo
- Tenemos un presidente ausente física y mentalmente — Héctor Becerril
- La Justicia habilitó la candidatura a senador de Menem
- Malia Obama se enfrenta a mujer por fotografiarla
- Pesista mexicana consigue bronce en Beijing 2008... nueve años después
- Baja precio de petróleo por huracán Harvey
- Cholo Simeone, mejor entrenador de 2016
- Por huracán Harvey, se desborda principal presa en Houston
- Detienen a esposo de española asesinada en Tamaulipas; lo acusan del homicidio