The Reds rejected a spate of bids from the Spanish giants, with the highest being around £138million.
Despite splashing over 190 million on five signings, most notably 105 million euros on 20-year-old French winger Ousmane Dembele, Soler claimed Barca wouldn't be drawn into an arms race with the cash-rich Premier League and Qatar-backed PSG. "That would have been irresponsible. UEFA and the European Clubs Association (ECA) have to reflect and make a decision".
With the injury to Adam Lallana and the failure to bring in Thomas Lemar, Klopp still needs him. "Our priority are always sporting matters, but we have to manage our finances and there are limits that you cannot go beyond". We decided against paying that crazy sum. But it appears competition will be fierce to secure a stellar prospect. He will have to apologize.
Soler said: "Yesterday, at the end of the day, and after many weeks of dealing with them, Liverpool put a price on a player that we were interested in". It wasn't in January or March but on July 19.
"The situation ended as it ended and there is nothing else we can do".
"I would have accepted an offer in excess of £100m for [Coutinho]", Souness told The Sunday Times.
"The idea of spending 100 million euros on a player just a few years ago would have been madness but it seems that this is the way things are going", Soler said in the press conference.
The reproduction of the story/photograph in any form will be liable for legal action. No loyalty and respect. It remains to be seen whether Coutinho will feature, with the player lining up for Brazil, he has shown he's eligible to play.
In fact, I'm 110% sure you'll only be playing for self-gain. He played and scored on Friday in a 2-0 World Cup qualifier win over Ecuador.
- Cristina: "Ganó Unidad Ciudadana, perdió el Gobierno"
- La palabra oficial de Bayer Leverkusen por el traspaso de Lucas Alario
- Una mujer presidirá la Junta de Coordinación Política en el Senado
- Zinedine Zidane no puede contener las lágrimas en plena entrevista
- Liverpool wanted $237 million for Philippe Coutinho — Barcelona
- Porsche no tuvo rival en las 6 horas de México
- Continúa en México 2ª ronda de renegociación del TLCAN
- Regina Blandón y Roberto Flores ya son marido y mujer
- #VIDEO Jugador ciego DEBUTA en el futbol americano
- Taylor Swift experimenta con el rap en su nueva canción