For one, it features 42 LTE bands, which means it can support the vast majority of carriers' networks across critical markets such as Europe and the United States. The Mi Mix 2 runs Android 7.1.1 with Xiaomi's custom MIUI 9 on top.
It used premium materials like ceramic - later seen in phones like Andy Rubin's Essential Phone - and, most of all, featured a screen that occupied almost the entirety of the phone's front. The Mi Notebook Pro features a 15.6-inch screen, which is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3.
The rest is heavily borrowed from the original device, but with upgraded internals like Qualcomm's latest Snapdragon 835 processor, coupled with 6 or 8GB of RAM, and a 6-inch Full HD display with an elongated 18:9 aspect ratio. The company has fitted a 16 Megapixel front camera and dual rear cameras.
If there's one word to define the Mi Mix 2, it'd be refinement. Xiaomi took the same basic idea of the Mi Mix but made minor changes that made a huge difference when it comes to day-to-day use. The special edition will only come with 128GB version with a RMB 4699 ($721) price-tag.
The device is the sequel to the original Mi Mix, which was first launched in China last year as a result of the collaboration between Xiaomi and legendary French designer Philippe Starck. Other key details mentioned include the RAM and storage which are 6GB and 128GB respectively. The ceramic variant will retail for ¥3,999 ($590), and will be sold in limited quantities.
Xiaomi is certainly not afraid to challenge and emulate Apple in as many business departments as possible, looking to steal the iPhone 8's thunder today with a beautiful, nearly borderless Mi MIX 2, as well as explicitly marketing the Mi Note 3 handset and Mi Notebook Pro as iPhone 7 Plus and MacBook Pro contenders.
The ceramic variant will be available in two color options - black and white - with the black version offering gold-plated accents around the camera and fingerprint sensors at the back and the white edition featuring rose gold accents.
- Quintana Roo restringe la navegación por Irma
- Venezuela: Programan para octubre elección de gobernadores
- Boca repetirá sus once ante Lanús
- Gobierno de la CDMX apoyará con 30 mdp para renovar Polyforum
- Marchionne: Ferrari 'screwed up' at Monza
- The iPhone 8's name is Apple's best-kept secret
- Sánchez estrecha diferencia con Guillier — Cadem
- Diez personas murieron en Cuba por el huracán Irma
- Tres huracanes simultáneos en el Atlántico: Irma, José y Katia
- Paris Saint-Germain Champions League - 13 September 2017