Despite a disappointing year in 2017, the future is bright for the Chicago White Sox. Chicago starter Dylan Covey surrendered a first inning grand slam before ending his day with 5.2 innings pitched to drop to 0-5.
Gaviglio is making his second start since joining the Royals and settled for a no-decision in the first after allowing one run and four hits over five innings against Minnesota. The team will have the National League Central as their interleague opponents for the season and the season itself will start earlier next season and not on a traditional day. It was Moss' third straight game with a home run as he's reached 21 on the season. He injured an oblique muscle and departed after 2 1/3 innings in that contest, missing nearly three months.
Relievers Ryan Buchter and Brandon Maurer each gave up three runs before Trevor Cahill went the rest of the way. "This assessment is based upon numerous factors including projected performance, age, cost, length of control, impact on the clubhouse and teammates, as well as how all of those compares to the attributes of alternatives available to us either inside or outside the organization".
The Royals managed just four hits for the game, two from Moss. He came back though and struck out Yoan Moncada, got Jose Abreu to pop out to shallow right field and completed the win with a Matt Davidson groundout. The All-Star Game will be played July 17 in Washington, D.C. The early start to the season is because Major League Baseball added four more off-days to the schedule.
The March 29 season opener will be the earliest in franchise history. Giolito comes off of a 9-2 loss to the San Francisco Giants where he was charged with five runs (three earned) in 5.1 frames.
- Chavismo y oposición van al diálogo otra vez
- Apple may bring facial recognition to mainstream — The Latest
- San Lorenzo ante Lanús
- IPhone X: 8 New Features You'll Love & 3 You'll Hate
- 2018 will feature the earliest Opening Day in baseball history
- Llega Joseph Acabá a la Estación Espacial Internacional
- Presidente Nicolás Maduro acepta invitación a diálogo por la paz
- Peña Nieto baja magnitud y declara emergencia en Chiapas
- Huracán Irma será "realmente devastador" en EE. UU., dice experto
- República Dominicana se salva del huracán Irma