"We are talking about Hezbollah and the Lebanese army, and to my regret this is the reality".
Pointing to the arrests of two men in the United States in June for alleged activities on Hezbollah's behalf, Rasmussen said that U.S. intelligence agencies assess that the group is seeking an ability to strike inside "the homeland".
Tel Aviv - Israeli Defense Minister Avigdor Lieberman announced on Tuesday that the next war his country wages will most likely take place on three fronts at the same time.
Shukr too has a long history of attacks against Americans, including playing a role in the Beirut Barracks Bombing which killed 241 American service members, mostly Marines. "The Lebanese army has lost its independence and become an integral part of the Hezbollah network". Hamiyah is the head of coordinating and executing attacks outside of Lebanon.
The Lebanese Shiite group Hezbollah is taking part in the conflict in Syria on the side of Assad's forces.
Nathan Sales, the State Department's coordinator for counterterrorism, told reporters that the reward, the first of its kind in a decade, was "another step to increase the pressure" on Hezbollah.
But since that time, rather than following US law which prohibits aid to entities on the State Department terrorism list, US policy has been to ignore the chokehold Hizbullah holds over the Lebanese government and its creeping military strength which has now surpassed that of the Lebanese army.
"Some countries have chosen to designate only Hezbollah's military wing, leaving its so-called 'political wing' untouched". Additionally, Rasmussen said Hezbollah is working to procure more weapons to use in terror-supported operations in Syria and Yemen. "We are preparing the army for this".
Designating the group as a terrorist organization is "not merely symbolic", he continued. Make no mistake. Hezbollah has no political wing.
While welcoming US action against Daesh, Israel sees Iran, Hizbollah and their allies as the greater threat and worries about their entrenchment in Syria as they help President Bashar Assad beat back a more than six-year-old rebellion. "It is a single organization, a terrorist organization, and it is rotten to its core", he argued.
- Dudamel afirma que los "tentaron" con mujeres
- Duelo de modelos: Nicole y Pampita hablaron de todo
- Allanan comuna por presunto desvío de fondos a punteros políticos
- En Perú declaran día no laborable por partido contra Colombia
- Estos son los clasificados por Sudamérica al Mundial de Rusia 2018
- ¡Buscá la campera! Se viene mucho frío y lluvia en Mendoza
- Cholo Simeone, mejor entrenador de 2016
- Guatemala revocó la visa de trabajo al jefe anticorrupción de la ONU
- Subastarán única obra de Da Vinci que está en manos privadas
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Leaderboard Reset on Hold