President Dana White recently labelled talk of an eagerly-anticipated trilogy fight against arch-rival Nate Diaz as "internet b******t", suggesting that a meeting with Tony Ferguson now has to happen after the latter beat Kevin Lee at UFC 216 to become the interim champion of an extremely strong division.
Bisping though claims that despite Ferguson being a tougher fight for McGregor, the American's weakness of exposing his chin would be seriously exposed by the lightweight champion.
McGregor has been on the WWE radar well before he stepped out of the octagon to face Floyd Mayweather in a boxing match, so it's no surprise that the company is looking to capitalize on his popularity at their biggest PPV event.
"I honestly think that people would rather - like, I think people would rather see Conor vs. Diaz", Roddy said on Submission Radio. "I guess we've got to see the fight to find out but it's certainly an interesting matchup and you can make a lot of cases for both guys to win".
Ferguson stated that it isn't about the money in fighting McGregor but more a pride fight. Like, he's an exciting fighter. I just can't wait for that first to go again. "So I just want to see him back in there sooner rather than later".
"I think Conor's full of shit, I don't think he's going to fight this year", said the Jiu Jitsu specialist. He goes in. He looks to finish fights. "That really worked. Conor could do it for sure". But 20 million, I think what he's doing there is pricing himself out of the market, simple as that. However, Roddy doesn't think Ferguson presents the same challenge that Diaz does. But if he wants to go in 2017, I'm down.
On the tougher opponent for McGregor: "For sure [Ferguson is a tougher fight than Diaz]".
The prospect of a fight between McGregor and Ferguson is an exciting one given their love of standing in the pocket and throwing heat. "I will probably defend my interim belt more times than that dude would ever defend that belt". His hand-speed is, his shot selection was on-point, he was landing shots that I've never seen him land before just because we've been working on them consistently, and I think when you see him back in the cage, I think you will see the difference in his hands. I mean compared to what UFC rules state, he's got a year to start defending his belt.
- Registran sismo de 5.1 en Oaxaca
- Windows 10 update sends some PCs into a BSOD boot loop
- En Bogotá, vuelve a la normalidad el transporte público de Ciudad Bolívar
- Pizzi anuncia despedida de la selección chilena tras una exitosa etapa
- Avala CPN del PRI alianzas y candidaturas comunes en 2018
- Junior de Barranquilla clasificó a la final de la Copa Águila
- PREVIA: Honduras a levantar cabeza ante Nueva Caledonia
- Ecuador sigue sin definir quién será su nuevo embajador en EEUU
- Cartel Gente Nueva ordenó el asesinato de la periodista Miroslava Breach: Fiscalía
- Presidente Maduro: Gobernadores electos próximo domingo deben subordinarse a la ANC