Wan Azirul Nizam added that Jong-Nam's original passport, bearing the name Kim-Chol, was handed over to the North Korean embassy and that he was present when a copy of the passport was made by the police.
Investigating officer from the Sepang district police headquarters, ASP Wan Azirul Nizam Che Wan Aziz told the High Court, here today, the names of the four unidentified suspects from when he quizzed the first suspect Siti Aisyah, 25, following her arrest.
He named the two other at-large suspects as James, the suspected recruiter of Aisyah, and Hanamori, who is nicknamed grandpa or uncle and is suspected of giving directions to Mr. Y.
The investigator did not give more details about the four men during his testimony, but Prosecutor Wan Shaharuddin Wan Ladin told the Associated Press outside the court that the four were believed to be North Koreans.
Doan was seen walking in the airport with a man wearing a cap, while Siti Aisyah was seen meeting another man, also with a cap on, at a restaurant (Bibik Heritage) less than an hour before the attack.
The murder charge under Section 302 of the Penal Code carries the mandatory death sentence upon conviction.
Their defense lawyers have said Huong and Aisyah were duped by suspected North Korean agents into believing they were playing a harmless prank for a TV show. The women were mostly seen in separate locations, save for during the attack and later at a taxi stand. The pair were in the same area at the time of the attack, Mr Wan Azirul, confirmed. Experts have testified that VX can be safely removed by careful hand-washing within 15 minutes of exposure.
Gooi Soon Seng, a lawyer representing Aisyah, previously told reporters that she was recruited in early January by a North Korean man known only as James to star in what he said were video prank shows, according to AP. Witnesses testified that he immediately sought medical help at the airport but died in an ambulance on the way to the hospital.
James later introduced Aisyah to a man called Chang, who said he was the producer of Chinese video prank shows.
A spokesman for the South's Joint Chiefs of Staff said its military was closely monitoring the movements of the North Korean army and maintaining full readiness. Those three were later allowed to fly home in exchange for nine Malaysians who were allowed to leave Pyongyang in a deal easing a diplomatic standoff that brought relations between the two countries to historic lows.
- Take it easy: Smoke from Northern California fires is choking Valley air
- Familiares de obreros desaparecidos bloquean entrada al puerto de Veracruz
- House passes big disaster aid bill but there's political trouble ahead
- La guerra total llega a The Walking Dead
- Elisa Carrió celebró el procesamiento de Gils Carbó
- Cholo Simeone, mejor entrenador de 2016
- Linkin Park comparte foto de primer ensayo sin Chester Bennigton
- Selección Peruana jugará el repechaje ante Nueva Zelanda en el Estadio Nacional
- Cancilleres de EEUU y Turquía hablan en medio de disputa diplomática
- Justin Trudeau llega a la Ciudad de México