Houston Astros veteran player Carlos Beltran announced his retirement from baseball Monday in an article written for The Players Tribune. When Beltran spoke to Yahoo Sports after Game 7 of the World Series, he didn't explicitly say that he was going to retire, but he admitted that as a 40-year-old designated hitter, his options were limited.
"And I am blessed to be a champion", Beltran wrote. Springer responded with a huge World Series, earning MVP honors as Houston captured its first title, giving Beltran plenty of credit along the way.
This story will be updated soon with more details. I said, 'Hopefully we can get to the World Series and win the World Series, so I can go home on a happy note'. He also posted strong career postseason numbers, with a.307 batting average, 16 home runs and 42 RBIs. He admits that falling short of some milestones - 3,000 hits, in particular - is disappointing, but he feels comfortable that he took full advantage of his talent during stops with the Royals, Astros, Mets, Giants, Cardinals, Yankees and Rangers.
This is not a surprising decision by Beltran, as he said after the World Series he would either hang up his spikes or play another year.
"I have such a passion for baseball, but at some point, it's time". Over the course of his career he put up a line of.279/.350/.486 with 435 homers and 312 stolen bases. Following the final out of the "Fall Classic", he could be seen with tears running down his face. "I can see myself back in my hometown of Manati [Puerto Rico], walking to the ballpark when I was a kid, trying to become a professional ballplayer".
Mark Feinsand, an executive reporter, originally joined MLB.com as a reporter in 2001.
- ¿Verdadero o falso? Messi, Balón de Oro 2017
- Ministerio de Cultura evalúa daños causados por siniestro — Incendio en Ventarrón
- Disney's Talks to Buy 20th Century Fox Aren't Dead Yet
- Presidentes de Panamá y China firmarán una decena de acuerdos
- Disparan a soldado norcoreano mientras intentaba huir a Corea del Sur
- Cotelco celebra levantamiento del paro de pilotos en Avianca
- En La Matanza, Macri criticó la gestión de obras del gobierno K
- 2,5 millones han recibido notificación de bono navideño
- Trump nomina a nuevo secretario de Salud y Servicios Humanos de EEUU
- "Por una pastilla estuve una semana internada" — Susana