Horizon Zero Dawn was also a big winner, taking home Best Storytelling and Best PlayStation Game, while the voice behind lead character Aloy Ashly Burch took home two trophies herself for Best Gaming Performance and the Breakthrough Award.
Some people questioned Overwatch winning all of these awards, as the Blizzard development team themselves admitted the game has been hard to follow as an esport since its release. The big winner this time around is The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, which claimed four titles, including the "Ultimate Game of the Year" award, (I guess "Game of the Year" just doesn't cut it these days).
The full list of winners is below.
The Golden Joystick Awards are also known as the People's Gaming Awards, and are decided by fan vote. Best Handheld/Mobile went to Pokemon Sun and Moon and Best Studio was won by Nintendo EPD.
Overwatch as well as a team and player won the esports awards at the Golden Joysticks
The Lifetime Achievement award went to Sid Meier, the veteran game designer who created the epic Civilization series.
Lunatic-Hai won back to back Overwatch APEX championships earlier this year, and most of the roster will now be playing for Seoul Dynasty in the Overwatch League. The PUBG Golden Joystick awards might also fly in the face of many who think that other, more complete PC games should have won.
Another Overwatch League player, LA Valiant DPS Brady "Agilities" Girardi was awarded the Esports Play of the Year.
- México acepta responsabilidad por tortura en Atenco
- Cancelan conciertos de Alejandro Fernández
- Google celebra el centenario del natalicio de Pedro Infante
- Disney presenta el primer tráiler de Los Increíbles 2
- Suárez afirma al Barcelona en la cima
- Muere piloto británico en Gran Prix de Macao
- ¿Comienza a recuperarse? El Lille de Bielsa suma segundo triunfo en fila
- Cholo Simeone, mejor entrenador de 2016
- India es la nueva Miss Mundo 2017
- Exgoleador del Arsenal criticó rendimiento de Alexis y lo trató de "malhumorado"