The email obtained by CBS News has Wray telling staff Monday that he would be testifying on Capitol Hill later this week and that as he prepares, " I am continually reminded of the breadth and significance of our work".
The Reinhold Niebuhr name on the account refers to an American theologist that the former FBI director reportedly wrote his university thesis on.
Wray has not publicly commented on Strzok or the President's tweets.
"After years of Comey, with the phony and dishonest Clinton investigation (and more), running the FBI, its reputation is in Tatters - worst in History!" Because of the importance of our mission, we are also entrusted with great power, and we should expect - and welcome - people asking tough questions about how we use that power. In the president's mind that underscores some kind of government-wide conspiracy in which the FBI's 35,000 employees, and presumably untold numbers of former employees like Mr. Mueller, are all out to get him, rather than evidence of a special counsel being extra careful to dot the i's and cross all the t's lest this investigation be construed as a "witch-hunt".
He told his staff to 'continue to keep focused on our critical mission with fidelity, bravery, and integrity, ' saying that 'The American people rightly expect this from us'.
According to the Times, the email ends with a favorite maxim of Wray's: "Keep calm and tackle hard". Incredibly, he's gone as far as casting doubts (or gives mixed signals) regarding the conclusions of U.S. intelligence agencies about Russia's efforts to influence the 2016 election - Putin denies it! - and making the ludicrous statement that the FBI's "reputation is in Tatters - worst in History!" "But fear not, we will bring it back to greatness", Trump tweeted Sunday.
It's plain enough what Trump is up to.
He owes the bank around $300 million for building loans. Trump also has tried to discredit Mueller.
Manafort is now trying to raise his $10 million bail; he has pleaded not guilty.
Mr Comey was, while investigating links between the Trump campaign and Russia.
- Cholo Simeone, mejor entrenador de 2016
- Salta estará en el recorrido del Rally Dakar
- ¿Es realmente Fantasy Fútbol un juego de habilidades?
- Arsenal Vs Manchester United: The remarkable stats
- Canciller sobre Galvarino Apablaza: "Las posibilidades de extradición aumentan"
- Bayern - PSG : Coman veut sa revanche
- Renunció el director técnico del Atlético Nacional, Juan Manuel Lillo
- Ricardo Palma Salamanca pidió refugio político en Francia
- Conocé el nuevo avión de Aerolíneas Argentinas, el primer Boeing 737 MAX
- Exembajador de EEUU expulsado por Evo asume funciones diplomáticas en Cuba