Democratic leaders have previously warned party members against enacting articles of impeachment against Trump, arguing that such a move would be premature given the ongoing investigations into the former New York businessman's election campaign and administration.
"In his capacity as president of the United States, unmindful of the high duties of his high office and the dignity and proprieties thereof and of the harmony and courtesies necessary for stability within the society of the United States, Donald John Trump has, with his statements, done more than incite individuals and groups of Americans, more than insult individuals and groups of Americans".
The measure was voted down 364-58 as every Republican and a majority of Democrats opted to table the measure.
GreenThe Hill's 12:30 Report Dem says he will force House vote on impeachment Wednesday House Dem pledges vote to impeach Trump next week MORE (D-Texas) is seeking to force a House floor vote later Wednesday on impeaching President Trump, setting up a tougher decision for Democrats than Republicans.
Two other House Democrats have introduced impeachment articles, but they have not reached the floor. "Brought shame and dishonor to the office of president of the United States".
Al Green (D-Tex.) speaks to media in Houston on May 15, 2017, about his call for the impeachment of President Trump.
"I'm a person who travels the road less traveled. The special counsel's investigation is moving forward as well, and those inquiries should be allowed to continue", they said.
House Democratic Caucus Chairman Joe Crowley also voted against the impeachment.
"I will tell them that I refuse to sit on the sidelines while the world is considering one of the great issues of our time".
Congressman Lou Correa said although he was not a supporter of many of Trump's policies, he does not support impeaching him at this time.
"Practically and politically, I think most of us can agree that passing articles of impeachment in this House isn't realistic at this moment in our history".
"For too long, we have allowed our civility to prevent us from confronting the invidious incivility of President Donald J. Trump", Green wrote.
- Champions League: Manchester United target flops while fullback wanted by Chelsea thrives
- Haley: Trump isn't deciding who controls East Jerusalem
- Man Utd, Roma, Paris top their groups in UCL — Football
- Comisión Disciplinaria: Castigan seis partidos a Édgar Méndez por salivazo
- #VIDEO Mata a su perro con GOLPIZA tras perder carrera
- Trump Says He Feels 'Very Badly' For Flynn, Pivots to Slamming Clinton
- Hugh Hewitt: A special counsel should probe FBI, Justice Dept.
- Fabián Cubero,desafiante sobre Nicole Neumann y Facundo Moyano: "Sé que discuten bastante"
- ExxonMobil venderá su propia gasolina en México desde este miércoles
- Abimael Guzmán amenazó a procuradora durante una audiencia