But, in addition to the 20th Century Fox and Fox Searchlight film studios (both owned by 21st Century Fox), Disney could potentially add the following to its assets: FX and National Geographic-branded networks; feature animation producer Blue Sky Studios; reality show production company Endemol Shine Group; and global broadcasters like Asia's Star TV (which has 58 channels in India alone) and pan-European broadcaster Sky (in which Fox owns a 39% share).
Asked at UBS's Annual Global Media and Communications Conference in New York City to comment about the "elephant in the room" - reports of an imminent sale - Murdoch demurred. "So no there's nothing to add to that, other than the nothing that we've said so far".
The company is in talks with Disney and Comcast Corp to combine certain assets with the potential buyers, and the Murdoch family aims to make a decision by the end of the year, according to Bloomberg.
According to Faber, Disney and Fox are still negotiating a price for the deal and looking for a way to mitigate tax leakages. Disney doesn't sell TV services directly to consumers in the U.S. chief executive officer Robert Iger has had success acquiring movie studios such as Pixar Animation and Lucasfilm and a Fox deal could give Disney a controlling stake in the Hulu video-streaming service.
Fox will sell TV networks such as FX and National Geographic as well as movie studios, franchises, and more to Disney but local TV affiliates, Fox Sports, and Fox News will not be given to Disney.
The network cited sources as saying the enterprise value of the Fox assets in the Disney deal could exceed $60 billion.
- Fabián Cubero,desafiante sobre Nicole Neumann y Facundo Moyano: "Sé que discuten bastante"
- Cartel completo de La Cumbre Del Rock Chileno 2018
- Trump Says He Feels 'Very Badly' For Flynn, Pivots to Slamming Clinton
- Coutinho: It was special to captain Liverpool at Anfield
- Man Utd, Roma, Paris top their groups in UCL — Football
- #VIDEO Mata a su perro con GOLPIZA tras perder carrera
- Comisión Disciplinaria: Castigan seis partidos a Édgar Méndez por salivazo
- ExxonMobil venderá su propia gasolina en México desde este miércoles
- Haley: Trump isn't deciding who controls East Jerusalem
- Champions League: Manchester United target flops while fullback wanted by Chelsea thrives