Meanwhile, Shakhtar Donetsk have reached the knockout stages in three of their last six Champions League campaigns, their best performance dating back to 2010/11 (quarter-finalists).
Thierry Henry has lavished praise on Manchester City forward Sergio Aguero, who has gone under the radar this season when it comes to players who have been lauded from the side.
This isn't a dead rubber by any means but Man City will be wary of the busy time they'll surely have on Sunday against Man Utd and don't have as much to play for as Shakhtar.
But even that still isn't enough to make them firm favourites for when their rivals visit Old Trafford on Sunday.
Manchester City's third successive late victory "shows what we are", manager Pep Guardiola said after David Silva's 83rd-minute winner saw his side equal a Premier League-record 13th successive triumph.
In his post-match press conference, Mourinho expanded on United's current injury problems and specifically referenced Lacazette and Silva's respective situations.
The Tottenham defender sparked controversy last summer during an interview when he questioned the club's wage structure and admitted he'd be happy to move away.
United turned the game around with two goals in two minutes from Romelu Lukaku and Marcus Rashford to progress to the last 16 as Group A winners.
"I'm not the luckiest guy with draws, so it's better I shut up and forget it because we only play in February and until then I have to concentrate on the English competitions", he said. I assure you, sooner or later we will lose, but the next day we will recover.
But before the half hour mark the home side were ahead as Marlos made his way through the visitors before laying the ball out to Bernard.
Shakhtar have won their two home games in the Champions League so far this season, scoring also 2 goals in each of their last four outings on home soil. "I think that team won't be jumping with happiness to play against us".
Pep Guardiola won't want to lose but he must have one eye on the Manchester derby and he won't want to risk Vincent Kompany, so I'd expect to see Eliaquim Mangala again and perhaps a couple of youngsters.
- Comienza el mundial de clubes — Fútbol
- Grieta en el jurado de Showmatch: Pampita contra todos
- Se suspendió la entrevista de Susana a Macri
- Edison Flores le dio clasificación al Aalborg con golazo — YouTube
- 'Terrible´ Morales al Salón de la Fama
- Israeli military attacks Syrian Army post near Damascus
- Marchan rumbo al AICM, los paran policías y regresan a Segob
- "Lionel Messi es superior a Maradona y Pelé" — Jorge Sampaoli
- City boss pleased with side despite first defeat — Guardiola happy
- La bióloga Julia Carabias recibe la medalla Belisario Domínguez