- The City of Orlando, the Downtown Development Board, and the University of Central Florida (UCF) are teaming up to host a free block party on Church Street in recognition of UCF football's perfect season.
"Florida is home to the country's best college football, and this season, UCF proved to the world that they can beat any team", Scott said in a news release.
The festivities will include a pep rally.
Last week, UCF athletic director Danny White claimed the national title. "By having a perfect season and beating the only team that defeated both Alabama and Georgia this season, the UCF Knights are clearly champions". A matchup with Alabama, on a neutral field, would be a totally different scenario for the Knights.
Central Florida football has enjoyed an entire championship journey before the national championship has even been played.
Rick Scott declared the undefeated team "national Champions in Florida" on Monday through a proclamation ahead of celebrations in Orlando for the players and coaching staff.
Luckily, everything got sorted out and he was allowed to enjoy the pre-game feast. "I don't think our kids should be penalized because we weren't respected by the College Football Playoff committee, nor should our program be penalized because we weren't around 20 or 30 years ago when people were claiming national championships left and right". "Doesn't mean anything to anybody but them".
- The Weeknd ya no colaborará con H&M tras foto racista
- Invade Venezuela and get it over with, top Harvard academic says
- ¿Vuelve Salem? Netflix prepara el regreso de Sabrina, la bruja adolescente
- Princesa Charlotte, así fue a su primer día de escuela
- Yeferson Soteldo se integraría mañana a la U — Refuerzo Azul
- Inflación en Venezuela durante 2017 cerró en 2.616% según AN
- Alberto Fujimori designa a defensa que lo representará ante la Corte IDH
- La vida loca del 'Gullit' Peña, nuevo refuerzo del Cruz Azul
- Descarta INE dar de baja spot de Movimiento Ciudadano
- Machi Francisca Linconao regresará este lunes al país — Caso Luchsinger