An overheating iPhone 6S Plus battery sparked a mass evacuation of an Apple Store in the Swiss city of Zurich on Tuesday, leaving a store employee with minor burns and six others requiring medical attention for suspected smoke inhalation.
Specialists from the Zurich Forensic Institute are investigating what caused the battery to overheat.
The incident prompted the evacuation of around 50 customers and staff from the shop. Police, fire services, and an ambulance were called in to investigate and tend to victims.
Around 50 people were inside an Apple store in Zurich, Switzerland, when the battery of an iPhone overheated and burned the hand of a worker.
"At the same time, there was a build-up of smoke, resulting in customers and employees having to leave the business temporarily", a police statement said.
"The staff responded well and correctly", police said.
The device exploded abruptly when the repairman was examining the device, without any particular reason, said the Zurich police official. "They sprinkled quartz sand over the overheated battery so that the smoke could be contained and sucked out after switching on the ventilation", a police statement said.
- Cláusula gatillo en Comercio: sueldos suben otro 6% en tres cuotas
- Abuchean a Trump en la final de futbol americano universitario
- "Que los directivos de la U se pongan los pantalones" — Luis Tejada
- Pochettino and Kane the men to rescue Real
- Smoking iPhone battery forces Apple store evacuation
- Trump Administration Removes Florida From Offshore Drilling Plan
- "Uno vuelve porque quiere ganar la Libertadores" — Tevez
- Gran debut de Mayer en el ATP 250 de Sydney
- INE lanza convocatoria para trabajar como supervisor o capacitador electoral
- Bannon Out As Executive Chair Of Breitbart News