The headset itself did feel a little rigid, and the horizontal placement of the phone, protruding outward from your forehead, also made it feel heavier than your typical mobile VR headset.
The Mirage Solo's the first with Google's WorldSense technology, which uses a two-camera array to track your location in three-dimensional space.
The Mirage Solo is priced at $449.99 and is expected to go on sale in the second quarter of 2018. The first out of the blocks for 2018 is the Lenovo Mirage Solo, unveiled in partnership with Google at CES 2018. That means you can duck, jump, and peek around corners to really feel like you are immersed in a new world, without needing additional wires. Is VR180 something you could get behind?
Disney advanced development VP Mike Goslin told Variety that the company already has a multi-player mode working in its labs, which would make it possible for two players to duel each other with their lightsabers.
Lenovo's Smart Display fills the gap in Google's product lineup for a voice-enabled assistant with a screen, and wonder of wonders, it has YouTube. You can also use the device to run a livestream with just a tap of a button. That, combined with inside-out positional tracking, not only makes Daydream apps and games that are available now even better, but it blasts away the gates that have previously kept mobile VR from being more interactive, like PC users currently enjoy with the HTC Vive.
You may think that all VR experiences are fully immersive 360-degree views, but Google's V180 offers a different way, a "half format" if you will. The hemispherical format captures a 180-degree view in either still or video form - almost like a living photograph that you can step back into when viewed through a VR headset (or, if you don't have one, on your Android phone). There is an LTE version as well.
Lenovo's positioning the Mirage Solo as the perfect compliment to its YouTube-focused VR180 Mirage Camera, which it announced separately on Tuesday. They're also much more of a pain to orchestrate, as you need to figure out where to put yourself in the frame. Breathable, insulated, and contoured padding around the areas that touch your face is designed for comfort. You do have a shutter key on the top, just press it down like a normal camera and it'll take the shot for you.
- Selena Gómez ya no sigue a sus amigas famosas en Instagram
- Reos registran en video su espectacular escape de cárcel — Brasil
- Bats 'boiled' alive in heatwave
- An 80s WWF wrestler is expertly trolling Liverpool fans on Twitter
- ¡Termina la novela! Se definió el futuro de Alanís
- NASA publica nuevas y espectaculares fotografías de Júpiter — Galería
- Increíble: Ballena protegió a una buzo de un tiburón
- Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ storage and RAM variants rumored
- Diputados aprueban indicación para terminar con las cajetillas de 10 cigarros
- Tres hombres ejecutados en la carretera México-Tuxpan