Microsoft has reported performance issues with computers and servers resulting from security patches for vulnerabilities in hardware chips from Intel and AMD. "For Intel CPUs introduced in the past five years, we expect to issue updates for more than 90% of them within a week, and the remainder by the end of January".
Nvidia graphics cards especially Pascal graphics cards have been incredibly successful and have sold millions of units and with the Meltdown and Spectre bugs becoming common knowledge I am sure that people are wondering whether these have been affected or not. It is also working with Microsoft to figure out why an earlier Windows 10 patch was preventing AMD powered computers from booting.
Microsoft began offering updates to its Windows operating system to address the flaw last week, but is withholding the repair from some AMD-powered machines that have been rendered inoperable by its fix.
Windows 10 downloads the update automatically and will prompt you to install it. To install the update manually, open Settings Update and Security and select "Check for updates" option.
Microsoft then explained to The Verge: "Microsoft has determined that some AMD chipsets do not conform to the documentation previously provided to Microsoft to develop the Windows operating system mitigations to protect against the chipset vulnerabilities known as Spectre and Meltdown". To get your affected PC back to a bootable state, you will have to visit Microsoft's support site for fixes. These bugs could allow hackers to access sensitive information like passwords and other private information from devices. Intel, along with fellow chipmakers AMD and ARM, has to come up with ways to continue reaping the benefits of that feature while making the chips more secure.
Meltdown and Spectre - two related, side-channel attacks against modern CPU microprocessors - affects almost every modern computer and has rattled the industry in recent days. Experts say that there is a slim chance that the security fixes may be affecting performance.
The news about speculative execution that deteriorates security of all users recently made headlines all over the world.
- La Supercopa de Chile tiene nueva fecha y horario — Confirmado
- Cholo Simeone, mejor entrenador de 2016
- Real Madrid, tan cerca de la punta como del descenso
- Terremoto de 7,6 grados se registra frente a la costa de Honduras
- Inédita y aplaudida parada de carros del Canciller Muñoz a Donald Trump
- Maduro aprobó recursos para los Clap y el mejoramiento de Caracas
- La actualización de Whatsapp mejorará tus notas de voz
- 'Dark Souls Remastered' llegará a Switch, PS4, Xbox One y PC
- ¿Es realmente Fantasy Fútbol un juego de habilidades?
- Trump en llamas, la nueva portada de 'TIME'