Roy Hodgson is keeping "quiet" Crystal Palace's linked move for Diafra Sakho but says the club are "working overtime" on signings.
With the deals likely to be confirmed in the coming days, the future of current Palace striker Christian Benteke is increasingly uncertain.
The forward has been used largely as a second-half substitute in the Premier League this season under Moyes, scoring twice in his 14 appearances.
Asked about the club's pursuit of Sakho, Hodgson said: "I'm not prepared to talk about any players. There is bound to be conflicting reports", Hodgson told reporters. "We don't want to bring players in for the sake of bringing them in".
Sakho joined the Hammers from Metz in the summer of 2014, for a fee believed to be worth in the region of £3.5 million, and despite making an impressive start to life in east London, he has struggled for both fitness and form over the past 18 months.
"We have always been thinking that when the January transfer window comes around that we will try and resolve some of these problems".
If he manages to sell Sakho for the reported fee of £10 million, he will be in a strong position to bring in some of his key targets.
- La Forma del Agua llega este viernes a las salas mexicanas
- The future 5 at the Australian Open
- My Insane Year Inside Trump's White House — Michael Wolff
- Corea del Sur propone a Norcorea desfilar juntas en Juegos Olímpicos
- Donald Trump: Shock over US president's migrants remarks
- Bebé contrae salmonelosis tras consumir leche contaminada
- Fed will pay smaller dividend to the US Treasury for 2017
- 'Fire and Fury' hits local bookstores Friday
- Rafael Nadal, Simona Halep announced top seeds for Australian Open
- Confirman en Paraguay que restos óseos hallados son de secuestrado por guerrilla