Is he worth the money?
Italian newspaper Corriere dello Sport claim Real are planning to trigger Icardi's release clause as soon as it becomes active.
The Argentine has been in red-hot form for Inter this term, netting 20 goals in 18 games.
However, despite his constant declarations of love for Inter Milan, the European champions believe Icardi, 23, is the most attainable.
With Inter Milan chiefs desperate to keep hold of their star player, they could attempt to offer him a new and improved deal and at the same time increase said clause.
Icardi has netted 18 goals in 22 appearances during this campaign as Inter sit third in Serie A
Silva, like Ronaldo, is represented by super-agent Jorge Mendes, who has strong connections to Real Madrid.
Icardi's contract at Inter Milan runs out in 2021, so Los Blancos will have spend big if they want to get their man.
But Perez remains the driver of all transfer activity at Real, with a final decision on Icardi set to be made by the president rather than the manager.
Let us know in the comments.
- When Is the Opening Ceremony for the 2018 PyeongChang Winter Olympics?
- Para Almeyda, Chivas no está a la par de otros
- Se disparan tomas clandestinas en ductos de Pemex
- No me imagino un Madrid sin CR7: Zidane
- El precio del Bitcoin continúa cayendo por las presiones regulatorias
- Ignacio Casale afianza su liderato en Argentina
- Roger Federer empezó de gran manera defensa del título — Australian Open
- Carambola en Monterrey, 28 autos involucrados; 2 heridos
- Al menos 52 muertos en un accidente de autobús en Kazajistán
- Monterrey supera 2-1 a Dorados en Copa Mx