As Trump aides called him disloyal and disgraceful, the president branded his former chief strategist on Twitter as "Sloppy Steve", an apparent reference to Bannon's often unkempt appearance, and declared that "he lost his mind" when he was pushed out of the White House last August.
Bannon added that he was "proud of what the Breitbart team has accomplished in so short a period of time in building out a world-class news platform".
The publishers' response letter concludes by saying they will comply with laws requiring them to preserve documents related to the book that involve "President Trump, his family members, their business, and his presidential campaign" but reminded the president's lawyers they had to do the same.
The company said it would work to plan a "smooth and orderly transition". Trump has called the book "untruthful" and Wolff a "total loser", while some reporters have called out apparent factual inaccuracies.
Bannon said the comments in the book were not accurate.
Former Trump adviser Steve Bannon's comment that a meeting between Trump campaign officials and a group of Russians was "treasonous" focused on President Donald Trump's son and not his former campaign manager, as Bannon now maintains, the author of a book containing the remark said on Monday. Without naming names, he said the word in the West Wing is Trump is "bouncing off the walls" because of the book.
In the book, Bannon is quoted saying investigators looking into Russia collusion would "crack Don Junior like an egg on national TV". According to ABC News, Bannon holds master's degrees from Georgetown University and Harvard Business School.
Wolff's book portrays Trump as unfocused, unprepared and petty while presiding over a chaotic White House.
After further noting that there is one paragraph in the book that contains three errors, the CNN anchor concluded by stating how this places readers in a tough position.
- Accused of 'racist remark', Trump pays tribute to Martin Luther King
- Fuerte sismo sacude a Chile y Perú
- Nicolas Otamendi signs contract extension until 2022 with Manchester City
- Video shows the important role Roberto Firmino plays for Liverpool
- Steve Bannon was a 'bad hire — Scaramucci
- En 2019 Trump concretaría traslado de embajada a Jerusalén
- Preocupación ante la falta de medicamentos para VIH-Sida
- Francisco: "No se puede naturalizar la violencia hacia las mujeres"
- ¿Es realmente Fantasy Fútbol un juego de habilidades?
- Powell's immediately sells out of 'Fire and Fury'