Robinson said Assange's case was a test for the freedom of the press to publish. He is suffering from ill health and depression and the time he's spent locked inside the Ecuadorian Embassy is punishment enough for his crimes, they said. The judge went outside what the parties presented in court.
Over 10 pages, Judge Arbuthnot dissected and dismissed each of the arguments put forward by Mr Assange's lawyers.
"I do not accept that Sweden would have rendered Assange to the United States".
The UK government has not confirmed whether an extradition request exists.
Assange was criticized by senior district judge Emma Arbuthnot for failing to appear in court, who also countered his argument that he has been imprisoned in the embassy.
As for Assange's stay in the embassy, which the working group labeled as prolonging his deprivation of liberty, Arbuthnot noted the "distinction between being held in Wandsworth Prison and living in the embassy". "It is certainly not against the public interest to proceed".
The same lawyer told Ny in 2013, "It is simply amazing how much work this case is generating". He suspects there is a secret U.S. grand jury indictment against him for WikiLeaks' publication of classified documents, and that American authorities will seek his extradition.
It was argued by Assange's legal representative, Mark Summers, that the Australian national feared that extradition to Sweden would result in him being turned over to U.S. federal authorities.
"We are surprised", Assange tweeted from the Ecuadorian embassy.
Arbuthnot said Assange has no one but himself to blame for his prolonged detention.
Assange voiced his shock at the ruling. He fears that if he surrenders to Britain, he would be extradited to the United States.
WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange lost a bid Tuesday to drop a British arrest warrant against him, which he had hoped would free him from his self-imposed exile in Ecuador's embassy in London.
- Asaltaron Pichetto y le robaron el auto
- Una mujer se metió al escáner para no dejar su bolso
- Froome to race in Spain despite calls to withdraw
- Junior vs. Guaraní: se miden por la Copa Libertadores 2018
- "Para mí, el gobierno de Macri está en 7 puntos" — Lingeri
- CJF cancela elección de jueces de distrito por indicios de corrupción
- Geraldine Bazán sobre Gabriel Soto: "Siempre seremos una familia"
- What to know for men's individual event — Biathlon
- Cholo Simeone, mejor entrenador de 2016
- Un "viajero en el tiempo" se somete a detector de mentiras