Froome risks missing the Tour de France and could lose his Vuelta crown unless he can provide a satisfactory explanation for the failed test during the Spanish race. These have included Froome accepting a six month suspension.
"This is a process that a lot of other riders have gone through, I don't see why I should have different treatment to all of them", said Froome.
At the Tour de France in 2015, Froome endured torrid abuse and even had a cup of urine thrown at him by a spectator. "He can present his defence and he needs to explain himself but it's up to the authorities to enforce, or not enforce, any sanctions".
In Spain Froome thanked his fellow riders for welcoming him back into the fold, yet he has faced plenty of criticism, most notably from Tony Martin.
The UCI has asked Froome to explain why twice the allowed limit showed up in his sample.
The Laureus Sportsman of the Year nominee has not been provisionally suspended despite the high amounts of Salbutomol found in his system after Stage 18 of the Tour of Spain race ̶ a race he went on to win.
"What was very touching was how many riders from other teams came up to me during the stage to offer their support".
Team principal Dave Brailsford said: "We all recognize that these are difficult circumstances but it's important for all sides that this process is conducted fairly before a final conclusion is reached".
"Nobody is denying it's not a challenging situation but equally it's only fair at this point that everybody abides by the process and the process totally allows somebody to race".
"The support I have received personally has been amazing but there is a lot of misinformation out there and a lot of opinions of people who don't quite fully understand the process", he added. Sky has not yet submitted the scientific evidence which might justify Froome's abnormal sample.
The reputations of both Froome and Team Sky now hinge on whether they are able to satisfy UCI, the sport's governing body, of this.
- ¿Los juegos olímpicos podrían dar fin al conflicto de las dos Coreas?
- Junior vs. Guaraní: se miden por la Copa Libertadores 2018
- Holandeses se rebelan contra la donación de órganos por ley
- Estudiante desmiembra a su novio para deshacerse del cadáver
- En PyeongChang 2018, parejas orientales patinaron al ritmo de 'Despacito'
- ¡Al fin! Martina Barraza se llevó el millonario Rosco de "Pasapalabra"
- Geraldine Bazán sobre Gabriel Soto: "Siempre seremos una familia"
- Una mujer se metió al escáner para no dejar su bolso
- Thierry Henry has wild praise for Roberto Firmino — Liverpool
- Coutinho to become a European by to benefit his club