Very often, they are also subjected to accidental liquid spills, which work together with dust to corrode the button mechanisms and deteriorate it eventually over the course of time. Spilled coffee? Crumbs or other bits of food (or indeed dust) getting stuck under the keys?
At least according to a patent spotted by Digital Trends, in which Apple describes the laptop keyboard concept, noting that: "A keyboard assembly [could include] a substrate, a key cap, and a guard structure extending from the key cap that funnels contaminants away from the movement mechanism".
The patent also sees Apple acknowledge the debris problem as they note, "residues from such liquids, such as sugar, may corrode or block electrical contacts [and] prevent key movement by bonding moving parts".
Essentially, the patent shows how Apple could make its Butterfly keyboard technology more resistant to various crumb and dust particles that make their way underneath the keyboard design. In one of Apple's MacBook introduction video, Phil Schiller states that the company tried experimenting with touch system integrated into the display but found it to be not in an optimal position.
So our advice is this: If you're in the market for a new Apple computer, your best bet is to wait until later this year when the company will likely update its entire roster of laptops.
Such a design would be a welcome development for Apple fans who, in many cases, have been less than thrilled with the new keyboard design Apple has implemented with its MacBook notebook lines in recent years. But it's still a positive sign that Apple has been looking into the keyboard issue and may have a solution at some point.
It's been a while since we've seen any critical updates to the MacBook Air, so it would unquestionably pleasant to see a major refresh not long from now.
- Cristiano Ronaldo igualó récord histórico de Van Nistelrooy
- Morelia derrota al Veracruz y lo hunde en la tabla del descenso
- Lobos BUAP a reconciliarse con su afición ante Chivas — PREVIO
- Atención: Arnold Schwarzenegger confirma regreso de Terminator
- Guaros sumó su segunda derrota en la Liga de las Américas
- Kuczynski dice que No renunciará
- UE sin respuestas sobre cómo evitar nuevos aranceles
- Organización Trump solicita el levantamiento del secuestro del hotel en Punta Pacífica
- Macri llamó a Trump preocupado por los aranceles al acero y aluminio
- Falcón retirará su candidatura si Maduro no cumple sus demandas