Jose Mourinho felt his Manchester United team "deserved to be punished" in Sunday's 1-0 defeat at home to West Bromwich Albion. Possibly. But one can see the wisdom and virtue in playing the same shape which impressed in the second half last week, and appeared to get the best out of some of the players. "Man City, we won you the league", they chanted on their way out.
Lukaku must have thought he had broken the deadlock after 65 minutes but former United goalkeeper Foster got down superbly to repel the Belgian's powerful header from Nemanja Matic's cross.
Not too many observers saw those sort of records tumbling after Guardiola's first season of acclimatisation. Since this game was played in two huge contrasts, I'll be giving two ratings for each player - One for the first half, one for the second.
Romelu Lukaku was twice denied by smart saves from Ben Foster, while Jesse Lingard also came close after his introduction from the bench at half-time.
Sunderland, who finished bottom of the Premier League last season, are now bottom of the Championship and staring at a future in League One alongside the likes of Fleetwood and Gillingham.
No attempts on goal whatsoever, and while his relentless strides at ensuring the game remained creative and the attacking presence were constant, it wasn't at all working.
At the heart of those statistics was De Bruyne, who since the start of the 2015-16 campaign has provided more assists than any other player in the top five European leagues. However, much more could have been done by the Belgian to win the game even before West Brom scored.
Just two additional players have captained longer premierleague title winners - Chelsea'therefore John Terry (five titles) along with Manchester United's previous priest Roy Keane (four).
After falling apart last weekend at Old Trafford, City needed a win over Spurs to have a chance to clinch this weekend. "The big players you realise (who they are) in the bad moments, the bad moments in terms of 75 minutes, (if) we are losing, how you react in that situation". "I am pleased we managed to show everyone that today".
"It's more difficult (to win in England)". Those post-Ferguson results against this very opponent reveal something concerning about the general attitude of most of these players - the players who have been there throughout and the players who have adopted that general attitude that coasting is acceptable.
- Periodistas ecuatorianos secuestrados fueron asesinados
- Presidente de Siria tras ataque: "Las almas de Dios no serán humilladas"
- BCRD informa que el IPC de marzo registró una variación de 0.37%
- Con triplete de Castillo, Pumas se acerca a la Liguilla
- Aprueban el uso de gas pimienta como defensa personal en Puebla
- La Juventus está a un paso de ganar la Serie A
- Relentless Salah eyes Shearer record goal tally
- PSG aplastó a Mónaco y se coronó campeón de la liga francesa
- ¿Quiénes eran los tres periodistas ecuatorianos asesinados por disidencias de las Farc?
- "Estoy indignado con la gente que habla de robo" — Zidane