After being in leaks and rumors for a long time, the device is finally official.
Along with artificial intelligence-integrated cameras, the Xiaomi Redmi S2 also comes with the company's in-house personal assistant known as the Xiao Ai. Xiaomi claims that this is the "best Redmi selfie phone" ever. We doubt that Xiaomi will launch the Redmi S2 in India, as its Redmi Note 5 series is already hit. The company proved that it can give tough competition to other smartphone brands. Let's jump into the specifications right away.
The Xiaomi Redmi S2 comes with a 5.99-inch HD+ display with 2.5D curved glass and 18:9 aspect ratio offering a resolution of 720x1440 pixels. Under the hood is a Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 octa-core SoC that is well known for its performance and battery life.
Dual-camera technology has quickly filtered down to cheaper smartphones, hitting entry-level devices too. The front camera also supports AI face recognition.
The back of the device houses a dual-camera setup with 12 MP + 5 MP sensors that are arranged vertically and allow the phone to take bokeh photos as well.
Front camera: On the front, the Redmi S2 comes with a 16-megapixel camera with soft LED flash that also enables face unlock. While the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 manages to shoot decent selfies in moderate lighting condition, unlike the Redmi S2 it doesn't have a soft LED flash support.
With connectivity options such as 4G LTE with VoLTE, dual-SIM card slots, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and Global Positioning System, the smartphone runs Android 8.0 Oreo OS with MIUI 9 skin on top. Xiaomi Redmi S2 still has a Micro USB port, not the Type C which is sad. It packs a 3,080mAh battery.
- The Redmi S2 has a Mi 6X-like design meaning it also rocks a full-metal unibody. The Redmi S2 comes in Rose gold, Champagne Gold, and Platinum Silver colors. It will be available from May 17 on its partner website Suning. This hints that the base version of the new Redmi smartphone could start at CNY 899 (roughly Rs. 9,500). The price range is similar to Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 as it is priced at Rs 9,999 for 3GB of RAM/32GB model and at Rs 11,999 for 4GB RAM/ 64GB model. This means the Redmi S2 has a lower pixel density of 269ppi compared to the significantly higher 403ppi on the Redmi Note 5 Pro.
The Geekbench listing shows the device is running on Android 8.1.0 and it will feature 6GB of RAM. A 2GB variant may be launched later.
- Jaguares de Córdoba quedó eliminado de la Copa Sudamericana
- Tras la suspensión, River-Estudiantes se juega mañana a la tarde
- Coppa Italia, per la Juventus è la quarta consecutiva. IMMAGINI
- Benfica venderá a Raúl Jiménez este verano
- TEPJF ordena retirar spot de Sheinbaum con López Obrador
- En Tres Arroyos también se celebró el bicampeonato de Boca
- Corte ordena la liberación de Frank De Lima
- Polémico spot de TyC: El mundial y la homosexualidad "es contagioso"
- Buscan familia que quiera adoptar a tres hermanas — Santa Fe
- Mundial Rusia 2018: Eric Cantona visitó a la selección peruana en Videna