"It was a game we should have won, and it was a bad pitch". First pitch was scheduled for 8:10 pm ET. John Axford came on to face Martinez in the fifth, and Martinez greeted him with an RBI single, scoring Betts. Colorado has covered the spread four times in its last seven games and the total has gone under in five of those seven.
Wolters homered in the seventh against Albers, and Dahl hit a two-run drive in the eighth off Dan Jennings.
Jon Gray (4-5) gave up six runs and 10 hits in 5 1/3 innings. He struck out Yelich but then Aguilar homered to left to make it 7-0. He has six in his career. He struck out two and walked one. He's 3-0, 0.60 in three road starts.
The Brewers have hit 11 home runs in their last 10 games.
Tigers 5, Mariners 4: Jose Iglesias hit an RBI single in the bottom of the ninth inning to give Detroit a victory over visiting Seattle. Shaw, who homered and had another RBI single earlier, then drove a solid single to center to score the decisive run and complete a comeback from six runs down. Chad Bettis recorded a no-decision after giving up seven runs on 10 hits with three walks and three strikeouts over five innings.
"That two-run homer in the ninth inning obviously hurt, but you can't point fingers at anybody", Gonzalez said.
Not only was Peralta's family going to witness him pitch for the first time, they would be doing so at his MLB debut. He comes in 4-4 with a 4.24 ERA, a 1.221 WHIP, 11 walks and 49 strikeouts over 46.2 innings of work this season.
"I know he cries a lot", Peralta said. John Gray will get the start for Colorado, he's 4-4 on the season but has allowed just one earned run over his last 20 innings.
In seven starts with the Sky Sox, Peralta has managed a 3.63 ERA in 34 2/3 innings.
The shutout victory is Colorado's fifth of the season which is a club record through the first 40 games of a season. Colorado has to deal with the fact that other teams enjoy the thin air of Coors Field as well.
The Rockies have won five of their last six after a win and they have won 9 of Gray's last 13 home starts.
Oddsmakers are listing Milwaukee (+145) as the underdog to Colorado (-155). Colorado is now 22-18 overall and 7-10 at home. The starting staff has really carried the Rockies, with only German Marquez posting an ERA above 4.24 in the rotation. If the bullpen could stabilize and do its job, Colorado will be in good shape.
- Entérate cuánto pagaron por el Lamborghini del Papa Francisco
- President Nasser Al-Khelaifi convinced Neymar will stay at PSG
- Maduro anunció la creación de una Zona Económica Especial en Aragua
- Doblete de Lanzini y victoria del West Ham
- Biglia volvió en tiempo récord y el Papu Gomez lo lesionó
- ¿Por qué se celebra el Día de las Madres?
- Corea del Norte pone en marcha el desmantelamiento de instalaciones nucleares
- La Academia 2018 ya tiene conductor ¡y es de Televisa!
- Detienen en Estrasburgo a amigo de autor de ataque en París
- Descubren pornografía infantil en computador de un Sargento de Carabineros