After starring in Madrid's 3-0 win over Roma in their Champions League opener in the Spanish capital on Wednesday, Modric said: "I'm very happy when I hear the Bernabeu singing about the Ballon d'Or, and the praise from my team-mates and fans".
In sharp contrast, Ronaldo was sent off on his first Champions League appearance for Juventus after clashing with Valencia defender Jeison Murillo in an off-the-ball incident.
"Ballon d'Or for Modric?".
The Roma clash was Navas' second shutout of the season in four matches, a feat Thibaut Courtois is yet to achieve having played twice. And being honest, it would have been unfair of him to take the gloss of Isco and new No.7 Mariano Diaz, as they both scored sensational goals. The Costa Rican justified his selection by making three vital saves during the match- two against Cengiz Under and one against Aleksandar Kolarov- whenever he had the easy catches, Navas made sure that his distribution from the back helped in running the game.
Roma head coach Di Francesco, meanwhile, believes Modric is worthy of taking out the Ballon d'Or following Russia 2018.
Although it took until shortly before half-time for Madrid to break the deadlock, Isco bending in a superb free-kick, the result was thereafter never in doubt.
"You always get demoralised when playing against a team that forces you to run and run without seeing the ball", De Rossi told Sky Sport Italia . "It's clear that he's a great player".
- AMLO se reúne con el pitcher 'El Toro' Valenzuela
- En Paraguay, periodista llama "zoquete" a Juan Carlos Osorio
- Encuesta: ¿Fue correcta la tarjeta roja para Cristiano ante Valencia?
- Confirman que el planeta Vulcano de Star Trek existe en realidad
- Advierten que peligra posible acuerdo entre Reino Unido y la UE
- ¡Un jugador se cayó al pozo!
- Congreso en pleno aprobó cuestión de confianza solicitada por el Ejecutivo
- Indignación en Italia por la expulsión de Cristiano
- Deportivo Cali eliminó a LDU de la Conmebol Sudamericana
- Difieren audiencia de caso contra expresidente Rafael Correa